MacFamilyTree 8.3 launch sale! 50% Discount only for a short time.
MacFamilyTree 8 gives genealogy a facelift: modern, interactive, convenient and fast. Explore your family tree and your family history in a way generations of chroniclers before you would have loved to do. MacFamilyTree helps you capture your family history and turns data and facts into conclusive reports and visually impressive charts. No matter how you want to illustrate your family relationships – MacFamilyTree 8 has the right solution for you, offering different types of reports, charts or the innovative Virtual Tree 3D view.
Brand-new and unique: CloudTree Sync&Share (macOS Sierra required)
MacFamilyTree 8.1 comes with the brand new CloudTree feature - it is now possible for the first time to work on the same family tree with any number of users and in real time. All changes to your tree will be transferred and available to all other users invited by you within a few seconds. CloudTree operates in compliance with the highest data protection standards.
Your possibilities are nearly endless – optionally synchronize your data via iCloud or CloudTree, access a huge genealogical online archive to assist your research, create websites and family books or do your research on the go with MobileFamilyTree 8, available separately for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
MacFamilyTree 8 Overview:
- well-structured, fast and easy-to-use user interface
- the new Interactive Family Tree: Lets you navigate your entire family tree, view all persons and families, and add persons directly
- CloudTree Sync&Share: Sync your tree with your own devices or share and collaborate with other users
- FamilySearch: Doing extensive research has never been more convenient - access the worlds biggest genealogical archive with several billions of person and family records from the comfort your home.
- Genealogical research developed specifically for macOS in order to harness cutting-edge Apple technologies for optimized application performance
Display your family tree: Charts, reports, views, and lists
- Numerous chart and view options, such as the Hourglass Chart, Ancestor Chart, Timeline, Double Ancestor Chart, Statistics, Name Distribution (by first and last names), Statics Maps (based on Apple Maps), Fan Chart, Kinship Chart, Genogram or Globe
- Numerous report options, such as Person Report, Family Report, Kinship Report, Narrative Report, Places List, Events List, Special Features Report, Person Analysis, Anniversaries, Person Lists, Marriage Lists, Plausibility Report, Source List, Task List, Map Report, Descendant Report, and more.
- Use the Virtual Globe feature to see how your family has spread across the globe in the course of time
- The MacFamilyTree 8 Virtual Tree shows your family history from an entirely new perspective - a 3D perspective!
- Full retina support. The user interface and all charts and views support high-resolution screens for optimized display quality
Research and publish
- Use FamilySearch to collaborate with your relatives or millions of other users or browse billions of person entries, which you can download directly into your family tree.
- Publish your family tree free of charge at MacFamilyTree.com – optional password protection available.
- Interview contemporary witnesses and save your videos or audio footage along with your notes
- All charts and reports may be shared directly from within MacFamilyTree via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook.
- The Family Quiz: Find out just how well you know your family tree
Much Improved Interactive Tree
- Support added for Metal 2 when running in macOS 10.13 High Sierra for incredible smooth animations and less energy consumption
- Much improved text rendering when running on macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Improved visualisation of family connections, persons and images
- Much improved performance when using Family Search in the Interactive Tree
- Improved indicators when further persons are present
- Sidebar can be hidden when browsing the Interactive Tree
- Print the Interactive Tree
- Configurable Family Connections: Highlight blood relationships and adopted relationships
- Improved generation separators: Quickly discover which persons are related
- Improved control over shadows and lighting
- Improved navigation and zoom
New Database Merge
- Merge GEDCOM files and MacFamilyTree files to your current family tree
- Detects persons, families, sources and places present in both files in order to avoid duplicates
- Decide on a entry-by-entry case which information to preserve
New Duplicate Detection
- Search for duplicate persons, families, places or sources in your family tree
- When duplicate entries are found, merge these entries while preserving family connections
- Completely redeveloped Timeline
- Choose between 6 graphical styles
- Group timeline entries to create separate sections by last name or birth place
- Display historical events, like World War II, directly on the timeline
- Configurable fonts
- Configurable events: Choose which person and family events should be displayed in the timeline
- Timeline can be configured to be displayed as a top to bottom chart or left to right chart
- Performance of all charts & diagrams vastly improved
- Performance across the app improved, especially when using macOS 10.13 High Sierra or iOS 11
- Find and reveal specific persons in larger charts
- Smart Filters improved with more search options
- Improved places import from GEDCOM files
- Improved display of married names
- Improved plausibility warnings
- Countless number of smaller improvements and bugfixes
Version 8.3.1 fixes an issue on OS X 10.10 Yosemite and OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Version 8.3.2 fixes an issue where merging entries or searching for duplicate entries affects CloudTree synchronisation
Version 8.3.3 fixes an bug that could cause the Interactive Tree to crash MacFamilyTree on certain Mac models
Version 8.3.4 fixes a bug displaying charts for a family and some user interface issues while merging databases