Parallels Desktop Lite allows you to easily run Windows, Linux, and their applications on your Mac. You dont have to reboot your Mac to switch between operating systems or when switching between Mac, Windows, or Linux applications.
Note: Existing Parallels Desktop® for Mac users are not recommended to move to Parallels Desktop Lite.
You can run Internet Explorer®, Quicken®, QuickBooks, and hundreds of other Windows and Linux applications not available on the Mac—and run them side by side with Mac apps like Pages® and Keynote®.
Brought to you by the developers of the #1-rated Mac virtualization software.
• Download and run Linux virtual machines – Free
• Install and run macOS® virtual machines – Free
• Install and run Windows virtual machines – Requires in-app purchase of an auto-renewable subscription (1 year)
There is a fully functional 14-day trial, so you can test Parallels Desktop Lite (including installation and use of Windows) before you commit.
Note: Windows is purchased separately.
With Parallels Desktop Lite, you can run the following operating systems in a virtual machine on your Mac:
• Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, and XP
• macOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Sierra 10.12, OS X El Capitan 10.11, OS X Yosemite 10.10, OS X Mavericks 10.9, OS X Mountain Lion 10.8, and OS X Lion 10.7.x
• Most Linux distributions
• Late 2011 or newer Mac
• 4 GB of memory (8 GB recommended)
• 450 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop installation
• SSD is recommended for best performance
• Additional disk space for virtual machines (varies on operating system installed)
Seamless integration features between Mac and Windows, including productivity boosters built in. These features include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Use Mac gestures in Windows apps
• Mouse synchronization enables the mouse to move seamlessly between the Mac OS, Windows, and Linux
• Copy/paste formatted text between Mac and Windows
• Drag and drop files between Mac and Windows
• Share Mac folders with Windows—including Desktop, Documents, and Downloads—without duplication and saving precious disk space on your Mac
• Resize window to get desired Windows resolution
• 3D graphics acceleration up to DirectX® 10.1
• Use Mac printers in Windows
We want you to be completely satisfied with Parallels Desktop Lite. If you have any problems or concerns, please contact us at http://www.parallels.com/products/lite/support/
--- LEGAL ---
Duration and price of each subscription are displayed in the Parallels’ storefront, updated at the time of purchase. Payment will be charged to iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off no later than 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal can be managed/turned off in the iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited as soon as a subscription is purchased.
This update for Parallels Desktop Lite 1.3.0 addresses overall stability and performance issues, and includes the following fixes and improvements:
- Now when you resize the virtual machine window or switch between view modes, the virtual machine screen resolution changes faster and more smoothly.
- The way Windows is displayed when the Retina Resolution > Scaled option is selected has been improved: the text became crisper and graphics sharper.
Improved support for Zorin OS, Elementary OS, Kali Linux, and Manjaro Linux guest operating systems.
- Change the Parallels Desktop interface color—you can choose between the light gray and dark color schemes.
- Parallels Desktop informs you when some actions (for example, downloading and installing virtual appliances) become unavailable because of no Internet connection.
- Distinguish the virtual machines that have snapshots by the new snapshots icon, and use it to open the snapshots manager with a single click.