Just upgraded to latest version - can’t click on any of the private chanels on desktop or web app. Mobile app works fine. Restarted, rebooted and even removed and reinstalled the app - still not working.
Slack ranking history and charts
|18 Mar||19 Mar||20 Mar||21 Mar||22 Mar|
|4 + 996||3 + 1||1 + 2||2 -1||3 -1|
Available in countries
|Korea, Republic Of||free|
Available for devicesMacDesktop,
Versions and releases
Latest version Slack: 3.1.0
- We’re using a new font for Japanese. It’s clearer, more legible, and goes well with aubergine. (Which is the default color of your sidebar. As well as a vegetable.)
- Sometimes Slack takes too long to start up. If that happens, a) we’re sorry that it does, but b) you’ll now see a link with some helpful troubleshooting ideas.
- When a file’s done downloading, a new notification will dutifully let you know.
- If you’ve asked Slack to launch right when your computer turns on, Slack now does so much more quietly — with less extraneous loading screen action, and fewer fanfares.
- Badges about unread messages would linger on the dock icon, even after said messages had been read. These badges will linger no more.
- Slack would occasionally crash when it wasn’t allowed to put files in the Temp folder. Now, it will simply use the Downloads folder, instead.
- Some users who clicked on a magic link were not taken to their workspace. We have set our cauldrons to a slow simmer and magic links should now work as expected.
- When trying to connect via a proxy, Slack no longer refuses to load.
- Sometimes, during a support conversation, we’d ask you to reset your app data with the click of a button. Clicking this button will now actually reset all the necessary data, rather than some. Which is good for everyone.
- Now you can download a file from Slack, delete it, and then download it again. If that seems like the way the Slack should’ve always worked, well, you aren’t wrong.
- Right clicking “something” and choosing “Search with Google” had a tendency to search for “so”, “me”, or “thing.” It will now search for the entire text. So if you really do want to Google “something” (or something else), we’ll have your back.
- While operating in the background, Slack would sometimes keep notifications to itself. Sharing is caring, and you should now receive notifications as normal.
If you quit Slack while the app was full screen, then started the app again, sometimes the gray bar that lets you close, minimize, and maximize the window would vanish for good. Now it doesn’t.
- Too many text substitutions in your Mac settings would cause Slack to perform poorly. You can now use text replacement to your heart’s content.
- Interacting with a notification will cause it to disappear, and not hang around indefinitely.
- When replying to a notification from the notification pop-up, the reply will now always be sent. As opposed to before, when it occasionally wasnt.
- A subtle gray border on the right edge of the window has been replaced with a subtler gray border. Subtle, one might say, to the point of invisibility. Ok, fine — we just removed it.
- If you’d previously asked Slack to download files to a folder other than Downloads, that won’t work anymore. We’re very sorry about that. The option to choose a different folder will return shortly.
Apps Changes History:
- 5 days ago: New App Version 3.0.5 ☛ 3.1.0
- 2 months ago: New App Version 3.0.2 ☛ 3.0.5
- 2 months ago: New App Version 3.0.0 ☛ 3.0.2
- 3 months ago: New App Version 2.9.0 ☛ 3.0.0
- 4 months ago: New App Version 2.8.2 ☛ 2.9.0
- 4 months ago: New App Version 2.8.1 ☛ 2.8.2
- 5 months ago: New App Version 2.8.0 ☛ 2.8.1
- 6 months ago: New App Version 2.7.1 ☛ 2.8.0
- 7 months ago: New App Version 2.7.0 ☛ 2.7.1
- 7 months ago: New App Version 2.6.2 ☛ 2.7.0
Can’t access private channels
Slack mac app is so slow.
Регулярно виснет загрузка файлов
Если с приторамживающим ненативным приложением как-то еще можно смириться, то виснущая загрузка файлов сводит желание работать со Slack на “нет”.
Перестал нормально работать
Вообще приложение классное, но с последним обновлением Slack стал тормозить при наборе текста. Теперь неприятно им пользоваться.
Проблемы с логином только участились
Раньше периодически нельзя было залогиниться в клиент, теперь еще и с мобильным приложением такие же проблемы появились. Шляпа полная, а не нормальный инструмент для общения.
Love it, but...
CPU hog. Latest version eats a lot of CPU. The performance issues have been ongoing. Seemingly not enough engineers on the desktop experience. Huge issue for those of us paying to use the service.