Use Speedtest for quick, easy, one-click connection testing—accurate everywhere thanks to our global network.
Millions of people each day go to Speedtest.net and use our Speedtest mobile apps to test their internet speed. Now, the most accurate and convenient way to test your speed lives in your macOS menu bar.
- Get your ping, download, and upload speeds within seconds
- Real-time graphs show connection consistency
- Troubleshoot or verify the speed you were promised
- Track prior tests with detailed reporting
- Easily share your results
Fixes some bugs and crashes, primarily affecting Yosemite users.
Greetings! This is a big release that contains lots of changes based on your feedback. Thanks!
- The app now runs in dock mode by default, with menubar mode as an option.
- 16(!) additional languages.
- Packet loss and jitter now displayed on result details.
- Download your results as a CSV.
- We now detect whether you’re on a wired or wifi connection, and display which connection method was used in result detail views.
- Some really pretty graphs (if we do say so ourselves).
- And of course, additional bug fixes and improvements.
If you rely on Speedtest to diagnose connectivity issues and keep your Internet service provider and carriers honest, wed be thrilled if you would leave us some feedback in the Mac App Store. Thanks and happy testing!